What If New Feature Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What If New Feature Thread

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:00 am

fargone wrote:Thanks for that input LK. Sadly, I don't understand a single paragraph.

- Pera sometimes upsets you?
More like constantly annoys, but yes.
- LH is a good idea, but irrelevant? I'd like to play, but i wouldn't want to have to play it?
1. The people who went over to JP to play LH are the only people who want to play LH atm, and they already do. I'm not sure they'd have stopped playing Alteil US either. So it's not guaranteed it'd get any new players at all. Could turn out to be a wasted effort on the devs part for little or no gain.
2. I don't want to play LH. I want to play Alteil. I'm here to play Alteil. If LH was ported over, I'd only play it for the free goodies, and I would prefer if I could get those playing Alteil instead. I think I was pretty clear about that.

- Fun modes are fun, but DOTA tournaments are flame wars?
It was not a good analogue and I regret using it. Simply put: EasyMode, an alternate game mode which was made for more casual play, split the community in two. Fun games don't because they are one-offs. There was no "-SameHero-AllMid masterrace!" or whatever sillyness.
- In spite of being irrelevant, LH might help improve arena numbers?
Ayup. The best reason I see at the moment that'd make me want LH ported is that we'd occasionally get an LH player playing Alteil for the goodies. I'm not exactly joyous about the prospect of bribing people to play a different game than they want to but hey, if it helps...
- You would prefer it if alteil didn't need LH, but make no real statement as to whether you think it does or not...
I don't know if it'd need it yet! I think it certainly didn't when it was in its prime, but I won't know if the numbers will be so low it does until launch. I also don't know how much spare resources the team will have or if the turnout is worth the resources invested into porting it over.
On the + side it may bring more players.
On the - side it may split the community.
Either way it takes resources away from getting the main game to be the best as it can be. I'm not in the position to judge if it's worth the risk to invest in it, and at the moment I see no need for LH. But maybe down the line, when we have enough players that splitting part of it off would not hurt, and instead increase the longevity of the player experience it may be worth a shot. Or if Alteil flops and needs another revenue stream. So my slightly modified statement right now is "I'm pretty sure it doesn't need it yet, but I can see the possible benefits."

Sorry mate, but maybe you could clarify for us.

Aaaaaand that's why I try to not make long posts. I ramble way too much and I'm terrible at communication in general.
LoneKnight

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 am

I want LH hopefully that mini game would be balanced.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah there are only so many people who have time to work on the game I don't think spending it on LH would be a good idea until the game's up and running again.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Anima13 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I havent been here for a while and tbh i didnt read the thread through so if something like this was already mentioned I am really sorry.
I think it would be really nice to create something like a forcing / rewarding environment to make high level people encounter the beginner players more often (and undermore equal conditions).
I know the training area is there for this but I have the feeling that is not really enough.

The idea is the following:

create an environment where new player/ player with poor card pool would have the opportunity to play with experienced player using shielded cards only

There would be several ways to do do this:

a, an achievement (preferably daily) that let a player of any level enter the beginner arena and play there with shielded cards (would fill up that arena so it could never happen that a new player cant play any games there, happened too often in the past). The only issue would be that there would be a need to change the lvling experince from these battles else the beginner would land too soon in folrart. Also the question arises what would be the reward, after all it has to be motivating but also not too much, else alteil goes bankrupt :D. gran would work but i am not sure if it would motivate paying players too.

b, an entire arena for shielded decks only. the leveing would be still an issue but there would be no need to change lavato block after lvl15.

c, if the exp gain adjustement is a serious issue one could instead implement a new point system or even a second leveling system with its own lvlup cards.
One would visit the new arena and start to lvl up a second time. the only difference would be that the possible max cardpool would be limited due to the shield clause.

d, a permanent tournament arena with shielded cards (or other limited card pool that is not too much to look over for a beginner and supports the learning curve)
this would have the strengh that it would eliminate any need to care about experience mechanisms. the issue of reward would be still there. And also the question wether this would harm the tournament events.

Of course all of these possibilities have different effectiveness under different population conditions. Another arena would draw away people from folrart thus that would only work if the playerbase would be more steadily over time and bigger. Gran as reward would only work if the mayority of the playerbase are free players (is this in intrest of alteil at all?). But on the other side it would interfere with mm/free daily lotto.

Ahm any opinions/modifications/ comments welcome.
Anima13

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Yeah there are only so many people who have time to work on the game I don't think spending it on LH would be a good idea until the game's up and running again.

I completely understand this. Sadly, I also understand that if it doesn't happen at the start then it never will.

The requirements on getting it started get harder as time passes.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:38 pm

fargone wrote:Sadly, I also understand that if it doesn't happen at the start then it never will.

You mean like when alteil us started and we had for over an year the "coming soon" button where the lavato heroes button was supposed to be? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was just epic! After 5-6 sets of waiting for LH, we got an announcement saying "don't expect it at all!". That was another moment when i regret playing alteil us more seriously and not the jp version.

This was then followed by continuous announcements and unannouncements. :roll:
But hey this is supposedly the suggestion thread they actually take note of, so who knows, this time they might actually accomplish it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 am

Guys, we need lavato heroes, cuz, i just heard that mythical wasseir is awesome there.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Callonia wrote:Guys, we need lavato heroes, cuz, i just heard that mythical wasseir is awesome there.

Freaking annoying. It gained around 200 HP every time i faced it. There aren't many units or unit combos that can get AT over 200. T____T
I think i recycled mine in us alteil, since his errata was that dumbest failure ever ... hope that person never does card errata again.

Napoleon should have been added long ago anyway LOL! If you remember the "we lost all progress made so far for introducing napoleon" then you know what i mean.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby asxlen64 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Callonia wrote:Guys, we need lavato heroes, cuz, i just heard that mythical wasseir is awesome there.

Freaking annoying. It gained around 200 HP every time i faced it. There aren't many units or unit combos that can get AT over 200. T____T
I think i recycled mine in us alteil, since his errata was that dumbest failure ever ... hope that person never does card errata again.

Napoleon should have been added long ago anyway LOL! If you remember the "we lost all progress made so far for introducing napoleon" then you know what i mean.

My VOTE IS FOR BOTH TO APPEAR AS WELL, but my hopes are slim. can you believe it. 1 month has passed since usa went down. most of the forums are barren and empty. i hope the gms hurry up and throw something up soon, or wont be anybody to play usa.

fyi peral, there are INDEED several comboes to going past 200atk, i know dilate/ibirt during gowen and fulfill his requirements can get you over 240atk. Zagar is another one who can get past 200atk vs high lvl enemies. ZUGA is the king of power with his atk+your grave cardsx10. fistara has a cool power hp-10xthe getsp(if its 6 thats 60damage)+ atk+5xgetsp(which means at 6 she gets 40atk+whatever backup you give her/highest ive seen is 50atkx2=180+-hp-60 doing up to 240damage. ernest the *5 guy, can give you atk=90 2 different ways. heck you dont even need power, collapse grim alone will return any lvl4 or higher opponent back to hand, giving you a win. lh still has the strategy, but with all the randomness of a typical TCG.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:

Um Wasseir errata in giving it sfida takes wing was in fact, bestest errata i've ever seen for a card that bad. That action skill alone changed how I had to play wasseir in the past and after. The simple fact that it does a minor heal while boosting its attack power and increasing range = safer for you to use the action skill instead of stand bying in situations where not standbying would've gotten your wasseir killed 100% in a this turn or next turn while increasing attackpower to the levels if your enemy fails to kill you, you get stronger and range boost is nice, it makes DG cry because DG wants 3 rng for bringer for free and showing that noone can hide from angry wasseir.

Sfida take wing = you don't have to pack attack boost grimiores to raise wasseir to the point where its worthwhile casting its action skill = slightly easier to use wasseir's actions kill because you aren't burning sp on grimiore to boost its attack power.

Wasseir, like it or not, actually became playable with its errata in gmb decks, pity they murdered gangadore's ss. lol so wasseir fell back into dustbin. Wasseir can be played but, 5* Zagar is obviously better candidate in low sp environment.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau