fargone wrote:Thanks for that input LK. Sadly, I don't understand a single paragraph.
- Pera sometimes upsets you?
More like constantly annoys, but yes.
- LH is a good idea, but irrelevant? I'd like to play, but i wouldn't want to have to play it?
1. The people who went over to JP to play LH are the only people who want to play LH atm, and they already do. I'm not sure they'd have stopped playing Alteil US either. So it's not guaranteed it'd get any new players at all. Could turn out to be a wasted effort on the devs part for little or no gain.
2. I don't want to play LH. I want to play Alteil. I'm here to play Alteil. If LH was ported over, I'd only play it for the free goodies, and I would prefer if I could get those playing Alteil instead. I think I was pretty clear about that.
- Fun modes are fun, but DOTA tournaments are flame wars?
It was not a good analogue and I regret using it. Simply put: EasyMode, an alternate game mode which was made for more casual play, split the community in two. Fun games don't because they are one-offs. There was no "-SameHero-AllMid masterrace!" or whatever sillyness.
- In spite of being irrelevant, LH might help improve arena numbers?
Ayup. The best reason I see at the moment that'd make me want LH ported is that we'd occasionally get an LH player playing Alteil for the goodies. I'm not exactly joyous about the prospect of bribing people to play a different game than they want to but hey, if it helps...
- You would prefer it if alteil didn't need LH, but make no real statement as to whether you think it does or not...
I don't know if it'd need it yet! I think it certainly didn't when it was in its prime, but I won't know if the numbers will be so low it does until launch. I also don't know how much spare resources the team will have or if the turnout is worth the resources invested into porting it over.
On the + side it may bring more players.
On the - side it may split the community.
Either way it takes resources away from getting the main game to be the best as it can be. I'm not in the position to judge if it's worth the risk to invest in it, and at the moment I see no need for LH. But maybe down the line, when we have enough players that splitting part of it off would not hurt, and instead increase the longevity of the player experience it may be worth a shot. Or if Alteil flops and needs another revenue stream. So my slightly modified statement right now is "I'm pretty sure it doesn't need it yet, but I can see the possible benefits."
Sorry mate, but maybe you could clarify for us.
Aaaaaand that's why I try to not make long posts. I ramble way too much and I'm terrible at communication in general.