getting the chance to reconnect after disconnecting

User suggestions to improve the game

Disconnect recovery

Postby arfort » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:44 am

Is there anyway to get back into a game after a disconnect? I've had two today and it's starting to get old.
arfort

Re: Disconnect recovery

Postby arfort » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Make that 4 four times, one of which it was Alteil going down I think and it counted as a win for me. But 3 losses just because my router disconnects for a few seconds. Very frustrating.
arfort

Postby DWildstar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 am

arfort wrote:Make that 4 four times, one of which it was Alteil going down I think and it counted as a win for me. But 3 losses just because my router disconnects for a few seconds. Very frustrating.

The one against me the game seemed to freeze (doh, forgot to check battle ID) so I just logged out 'cause it didn't seem like it was going to resolve itself anytime soon.
DWildstar

Postby arfort » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Make that 5. And yeah, the one against you Alteil's site went down for a minute or so and that wasn't me. Still frustrating that I couldn't get to finish our game. And now it's been 4 games where it's my connection that goes out for 10-30 seconds which cause me to get a "you've been disconnected" message and no way to resume the game. Very very frustrating. I'd be over 1800 rp if it wasn't for this.
arfort

Postby DWildstar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm moving this thread to Fellana's Laboratory since it's more of a technical problem related thread.
DWildstar

Postby GunCastor » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:51 am

So was this problem ever solved?
My 7 game winning streak was shattered by a random disconnect and I was confident about winning my 8th game as well. It runs well most of the time though but it does happen once in a while.
GunCastor

Postby Shrimpyrice » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:23 pm

I've had this same problem as well. I only lose my internet connection for maybe 10 seconds every 15-20 minutes, but I still get disconnected anyway. Is there any fix for this, since I feel like I'm playing every game with bated breath because I could lose connection at any moment. Also, sorry to any I've played that I've been disconnected against :(
Shrimpyrice

Postby Csquared » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:33 am

I don't think my connection has ever dropped from home or from work, and the game's current pipeline is a pretty darn good one. I'm not sure if this helps, but supposedly connections drop very easily when your network's ports are being used like crazy, specifically when using file-sharing programs such as bittorent. If you or someone in your household is doing this, and their programs are set up to use as many ports as possible, then that could be what's causing the disconnects dollars to donuts. Either stop the file sharing program or limit the number of ports it uses and see if that helps things.

CSquared
Take the Challenge of the Fortnight!
Win new cards as well as point cards!
Csquared

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 am

Torrent could be a contributing factor, but for every person that doesn't use it or are not on a shared network, this just simply doesn't apply. I have had many disconnects before, but haven't played enough to really test to see if i still do, but this situation simply had nothing to do with the issues i've experienced. Logress mentioned something about players with "!" before and causing issues, but since the (2 i think it was) times they worked on it the stability of the game seemed to improve a bit from what i have experienced. I think since then, i have been kicked out of the game twice in 30ish games. Once was comcast's fault, the other i am uncertain.
Phades

Disconnect

Postby Cashew » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:33 pm

So...I some how disconnected from a match today...guessing my wireless screwed up. When I relogged in, my stats had not changed. However, in the Arena, I could see my opponent was still in a room with me. So I assume that eventually, the timer would run out and I'll get a loss?

Isn't it kind of weird that I can't just rejoin the match?
Cashew

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau