[Tier 3] (NOT OPEN) Jacks of All Trades

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

[Tier 3] (NOT OPEN) Jacks of All Trades

Postby dfmchfhf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 am

Introduction
There are many cards which seem to be designed for use in a file, and cards whose function is relegated to use as a Soul Skill, but very few cards are good as both.
As the saying goes, Jerk... erm, "Jack of all Trades, Master of None".
Your challenge is to build a file that uses units both as Soul Cards and as cards to be fielded.

I'm kinda hoping that Rom/Logress are gonna let this pass as a tier-1 tournament >.>

Tournament Information
This tournament is postponed until some time eventually.

This is a double-elimination tournament with an upper and a lower bracket.
The final will be an advantaged final -- the player from the lower bracket must win twice before the player from the upper bracket wins once in order to win the tournament.
Duels will take place in the Training Arena; keep your fights public!

Restrictions and Bans
  1. Your Soul Cards must consist of five unique cards. Each card used as a Soul Card must also appear twice more in your Card File. (i.e. each Soul Card must appear three times total)
  2. Your Card File may also freely contain any number of Grimoires and single copies of other Units. You may have also an extra copy of any one Great Spirit.
  3. If a Unit other than any mentioned above is included in your Card File more than once, it may only be Set while either
    1. you have at least two of your units which are also in your Soul Cards open on the field, or
    2. All ten copies of your units also in your Soul Cards are in your Cemetery.

... I'll post an example sometime soon.

Prizes
This is a Tier 1 tournament. The prizes are:
1st place - 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards
2nd Place - 10 Point Cards
Runners Up (3rd - 5th) - 2 Point Cards
All Participants - +2 Point Cards

Participants
0/12

Alternates:
0/3

Signing Up:
Post here, PM me, or tell me in the chat that you would like to sign up to do so. You must also PM your file so I can validate it; this may be done at any point before the tournament.
You may also edit your file at any time before the Tournament starts; any updates should be sent to me via PM. (in before I get 200 PMs about file changes a minute before the tournament) Once the Tournament begins you may not edit your File.

Assistants:
1/2

Additional Notes
    You may find this helpful for seeing which pre-EX:Chroma cards were not Underdog for both Card and SoulSkill use: http://dfmchfhf.webuda.com/Alteil/card-list.php?udc=-1&uds=-1 (if you're one of the lucky people for whom this loads... apparently I'm not one of the people who can view my site. -.-)
    Last edited by dfmchfhf on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    dfmchfhf

Re: [Tier 1] (25 May) Jacks of All Trades

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 pm

The 3rd restriction listed under the rules for this tournament is not suitable for a Tier 1 tournament, please remove or edit it.
    Romdeau

Re: [Tier 3] (---) Jacks of All Trades

Postby dfmchfhf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

I'll postpone this one for later then; posting a different ruleset. http://www.alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14518
    dfmchfhf

Return to Community Tournaments